Friedrich Gray Wins SOYA Award


Ben Pollitt of Friedrich Gray was named the fashion winner of the Qantas Spirit of Youth Awards.

The SOYA Awards honour young talent under 25 in the areas of music, photography, film, industrial design and visual arts along with fashion and aim to provide mentors who are leaders in the field.

Peter Morrissey judged the final 50 fashion entrants and will mentor Pollitt in developing his label.

"I've always known I can design and be creative," Pollitt said, "I just need to know more about the nuts and bolts of running a business and getting financing."

(This excerpt is from a piece by Jen Melocco that appeared in the Daily Telegraph.)

1 comment:

Miann - Fashion Falsehood said...

I remember rooting for you way back when I was writing the blog for General Pants Co. online.